Monday, November 11, 2013

Weigh-In

Today is the first day of my 3rd week of the Lean for Life program. I just went in for my weigh in and I've lost 11 pounds total as of today! :) I'm so happy that i am loosing at the rate i am. I am averaging at about 4 pounds a week.

There was a small downside of today's visit though. My ketostick showed up as a lot lighter color than it has the past 2 weeks. I'm usually in the "Moderate" fat burning zone (which is great!) but today it showed up as just being a "Trace" of fat burning. This is cause by the amount of carb intake. I am supposed to be consuming between 50-60 carbs per day but i have been more around 55-70. I just need to cut back a little more and watch the sugary fruits that i have been eating like apples and pineapple and the color will darken again and i will be back into "Moderate" or higher fat burning.

I'm looking forward to putting my self-control to the test on Thanksgiving! It's gunna be a fun challenge but i've been doing so well i'm not worried one bit :)

Thanks again for reading and all the encouraging words!
Love, Amy

3 comments:

  1. Wow, 50 carbs is so hard to do! I know this personally because that's what I try to limit myself to everyday as well. I'm the same with you, I love pineapple, apples and other fruit so it's hard to keep my carbs down to a minimum.

    Your doing so well Amy, keep it up! A bit longer and it will become ingrained in you and grow into a permanent lifestyle change. I'm totally with you every step of the way, it's totally worth the mental battles and physical discomfort in the end.

    Thanks for sharing this journey with everyone, you are an inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be joining you at Thanksgiving with the high protein plate and nibbling on some precious carbs, so you will not be alone. Glad to have someone else joining me in that.
    WillyMammoth = Bryan H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan! Your success is amazing as well! You look great! I can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving and to have some good old protein. lol. It really is a lifestyle change... But for the better! :) thanks again for your support! -Amy

      Delete