Monday, October 28, 2013

Misguided

Hello again.

Today was my very first weigh/check in. I received my first b-12 shot and it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. I have completed my first protein day with success and a couple of failures.

I did everything just like i was supposed to like eat every 2 hours and stay under the allowed amount of carbs. Unfortunately, there were a few items that i did not like to eat. The first one was the pretzels... I described them as being straight up freeze dried protein powder. I would chew and chew and chew and when it came time to swallowing it was like having a glob of really thick powder stuck to the back of your throat. NOT PLEASANT! Luckily i only bought a single pack of those and never have to deal with that again. The other was the chocolate protein shake. Again a consistency issue, way too thick and made me gag. I tried putting it in the blender with some ice to see if that made it better and it didn't. Luckily Forrest LOVED it (because he is a weirdo like that) and they will be HAPPILY donated to him. Haha. The chicken soup as well did not get a medal from me. I have never been a fan of soup but since they gave me a free sample pack of it at the clinic i figured i would try it.

Everything else was WONDERFUL! The sweet and salty protein bar and hot coco were to die for and the nacho cheese pasta and vegetable chili were great. I still have yet to try the mint coco protein bar (that supposedly tastes like thin mints), the wildberry punch drink (that Katie ever so badly wants to find out if it is good or not), and the sloppy joe. Those are all on my meal plan for tomorrow so check back then for those reviews :)

In other news...I'm thinking of trying out a new Lindora clinic other than the one i have been going to. My mom's friend Lara goes to the one in La Habra and it seems that she is having a better, more informational experience than i am at the Fullerton one.

The past couple of times that i have gone in, the lady at the front is very unfriendly to me. It is important to me to feel welcome, especially at a place like this, because i need to feel like i am not being judged or doing something wrong. Lara and i exchanged information that we have received at each of our clinics and we were getting mixed messages. Such as, never having to buy Lindora products if you didn't want to at hers when, at mine, they told me that they needed me to for at least the first 3 days.  My lindora also told me that I could only have 3.5oz of meat per day, where Lara's Lindora told her she could have no more than 3.5oz of meat per meal.

With all of this confusion i have decided to go over to the La Habra clinic and tell them my concerns. I feel very misguided and a little frustrated in fact. Almost like i have no idea what i am doing. I am hoping to clear this up with them tomorrow and my mom will be coming with me to help me understand things better.

Other than all of that mumbo-jumbo, i'm doing great and sticking to the plan :)

Thanks again for taking your personal time to read this. This was a long one.
Check back tomorrow!
-Amy


1 comment:

  1. Im glad it's good! Now you know what to get me for Christmas ;) lol
    Katie

    ReplyDelete